Friday, May 22, 2009

Mimi's Garden

Have a look at my beautiful granddaughters at www.flickr.com/photos/mimis_garden. This is my first experience with a Flickr account. It was fairly simple to get started. The points that I always agonize over are the privacy issues. How much background information should I provide, if any? I even called my daughter to ask her, and her advice was not much for a Flickr account. I told her I was putting her daughters' picture up and she said they're all over the internet anyway. (She blogs.) And they're only 3 months old. Imagine when they can enter information themselves! I started to say "type" and realized that I have no idea HOW an infant today will be using the technology of the future to share and communicate with the rest of the world in 10, 20, 30 years. There are language issues when we are discussing the future. How do we use words that haven't been created yet?

1 comment:

  1. That does sound a little scary--"they are all over the internet" :) What I wonder is will the content even be there in the future. The internet doesn't give us something tangible to hold, like a letter would.

    ReplyDelete