Thursday, June 18, 2009

Facebook Finally

Putting together a "face" that I am willing to show the world is one of the more time-consuming and daunting parts of this assignment. A real picture or some sort of image? Do I tell them what kind of music I really like? I haven't thought about my "favorite" this or that in a long time. I'm just busy working a lot and taking care of my family. It feels rather self-indulgent to think about myself, and I'm only making time to do that because it's part of the course work.
Friends--I found my daughter right away and her facebook is a rich source of friends to tap from for my facebook. I found my 19-year-old son. Will he be my friend? I don't know if he wants his mother involved in his online life.
I had a little trouble adding schools. When I click on it, it just refreshes the same screen. I finally decided to type over the top of my first college and add TWU. I think it just substituted that instead of adding.
One odd thing that made me wonder about how facebook works. When I logged in to verify my account, it pops up a short list of suggested friends. So it says, based on our having both attended TWU, would I like to add Kimberly as my friend? This woman goes to church with me, attended the same undergraduate school that I did, and is on my daughter's facebook. Did it pick up the daughter link? I didn't even remember that she went to TWU!
My thing numbers have been off, I know, but I have done everything pretty much in order so far. Sort of mushing together the facebook assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment