Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Digging In

Digg led me to a a good book. I was listening to NPR in the car at lunchtime today, and I heard an interesting discussion with an author. As I was trolling through Digg, I looked at the popular science category, and I found an article from Elle.com about how our brains work to make choices. The article mentions the book, How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer, and I thought, "That's the book they were talking about on the radio." So I clicked over to the library catalog and found a copy of this very book on the shelf, went out and picked it up and checked it out. So NPR gets some credit, but I would not have remembered the title or author's name without having seen it again.
The new diggs looked like a good source of cutting edge stuff in whatever area you might be interested in. I'm sure it's satisfying to participate and vote for things and "bury" things you don't like. Very democratic.

No comments:

Post a Comment