Friday, August 14, 2009

Passing it On

For Thing 22, I have been thinking about who needs to know what around here. We have some sharp librarians who have already integrated 2.0 technology into their lives to keep current and save time doing it. That's my goal, and this program is helping me to get there.
For others, managing email seems to be challenging enough and their perspective is that all this other stuff (23 things) just isn't for me.
I think we could build on what we are already doing and show all the staff how the librarians are doing the blogging for the reader's advisory section on the web page and where to find it. I could probably throw a rock and hit two staff members who don't even know we do that. We are also working with Delicious and Twitter. The process of discussing these things that we already do would help everyone with the vocabulary, to facilitate discussion.
After that, I would like to work with some folks who have time management issues or who feel lost when techie topics are discussed in meetings about blog readers and LibWorm and those "things" that are just really useful professional tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment