Friday, August 14, 2009

Relections on 23 Things

Wow! This is without a doubt the most practical continuous education training that I have ever experienced. I have learned so much by doing. I will immediately continue using LibWorm, Google Reader and Facebook. My library is using Delicious, Twitter, IM, and Wikis, so I will participate in those activities.
I have re-read all of my blog posts, and I can see that I have come a long way. I remember looking ahead a little and feeling trepidation about some upcoming exercise. Once in a while, I asked someone for clarification or a little help, usually one of my kids. Which just illustrates that the up and coming generations are living online. They have not only integrated these technologies, but they are creating them and morphing them into new "things" every day.
The experience of writing in a blog regularly was sort of addictive. I regret that I never took the time to really personalize my blog and add the bells and whistles. I'm not sure I want to give it up. I'll have to think about that. One of the things I have not done as much as I wanted to was read everyone else's posts. I hope to be able to take a little time to do that over the next couple of weeks. I assume that anyone who is going to finish the series will be wrapping it up between now and then.
It's been a great training experience. Thanks, teachers and monitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment